In 2016, I was bequeathed a terraced cottage jointly with another sibling. For five years, it has lain empty and deteriorating. The other sibling, despite a string of unkept promises, will not engage to market the house for sale or otherwise.

Furthermore, the sibling changed the locks in 2016 despite then promising to send a key, which I never received. I therefore have no access to the property. The probate was drawn out but the title is in both our names. I’ve a number of questions arising from all this.

First: am I legally entitled to a key – and if so, how can I enforce that?

Second: are there circumstances whereby I can force a sale and if so, how would I do that?

Third: can my sibling take unilateral action such as placing someone in the house without my express permission?
Aisling, Dublin

Continue Reading

Click Here